CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blood and No need for a first aid kit!

Well I need to let you down easy! I found out some disappointing news yesterday. I have always been curious about the meaning in the scriptures where it says you will rise from the grave. I asked the bishop in a question and answer relief society if that was a literal statement and he answered with a why yes it is. He went into it a little more than that but my question was answered. Anyone who knows me knows I am a packer. I am a girl scout through and through. I always like to be prepared. Prepared for me and anyone who may have not be able to get there oil in time. As a side note I have really never liked the parable of the 10 virgins. It just never seemed very Christ like to me. Rude in fact! Those who had their oil probably had enough to share but didn’t. It’s like food storage and anything else in this life, we are asked to share and help one another. I understand the story and the principle behind it but just imagine if they would have helped the procrastinators and stretched the oil out a little, lives could have been blessed. Anyway I have had my will printed out and signed for some time now. I know what I want to go down at my funeral and just who exactly will carry my casket. All women and no I am not a bra burning man hater just the opposite I think all women should wear bras and I am in complete gratitude for the male race I quite enjoy them;). Anyway I have always wanted my casket fully loaded. After all you just have no idea what conditions you will be rising from. I want church shoes and hiking boots and pass-along cards and I WANTED a first aid kit among a plethora of other items sure to be needed. Now I have never been a preacher or teacher and don’t really enjoy verbally expressing my feeling to strangers BUT I am a hard worker. I was planning on being on the first aid comity cleanup crew or whatever manual work is needed. BUT a friend read and quite literally dashed my hopes of that plan. In the Bible Dictionary under resurrection it says the following: Resurrection. The resurrection consists in the uniting of a spirit body with a body of flesh and bones, never again to be divided. The resurrection shall come to all, because of Christ’s victory over death. Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected on this earth (Acts 26:23; 1 Cor. 15:23; Col. 1:18; Rev. 1:5; cf. Matt. 27:52–54). Others had been brought back from death, but were restored to mortality (Mark 5:22–43; Luke 7:11–17; John 11:1–45), whereas a resurrection means to become immortal, without blood, yet with a body of flesh and bone. (Close quote haha I have always wanted to say that).
So my friends and future friends that I might have patched up, you no longer will need my Band-Aids because you have no blood!! But please stop by my casket for all you other recently risen needs because unlike my fellow sisters I will share my oil :)







0 comments: